Join Our Team
Want to join our team? We focus on quality and safety. Pay is based on experience. Hiring all positions! Drivers, Paver Operator, Screed Operator, Mill Operator & Rake Men. Valid CDL CLASS A & OSHA 10hr are a plus. (we will assist you in obtaining your OSHA 10hr if not yet acquired).
Requirements & Responsibilities
- Over 18 years of age
- Eligible to work in the United States and able to provide TWO forms of Identification as required by the DOH
- Higher pay for CDL CLASS A**
- Higher pay for OSHA 10/30 HR in Construction Safety & Health
- Reliable (and preferably their own) transportation to and from our shop in Grain Valley, Missouri.
- No minimal grade or GED required
- Able to work out of town on a limited but occasional basis
- Availability to work frequent and consecutive weekends; when we have a weekend job; then it is mandatory to work.
- Upholds exceptional attendance, knowing the time to rest is winter;
- Ability to perform simple math
- Follows instructions
- Asks questions any time and whenever needed
- Maintain quality of product
- Communicate and execute direction from Foreman/Superintendent/Owner
- Ensure all safety requirements are met and speak up if needed
- Holds regular contact with other crew members and supervisory staff
- Must engage in harmonious interactions and relationships and maintain basic standards of respect, courtesy, and decency in the workplace, leaving any attitude and ego behind.
- Is a productive team member that supports the team by going and assisting where needed
- Exemplifies our desired employee core values; Communication, Transparency as well as Commitment;
- Complies with all applicable safety, environment, health and waste management policies and procedures
- Adheres to the Code of Conduct, Confidentiality, Non-Disclosure Agreement, and Company Safety Policy
- Maintain and work with all asphalt paving equipment
- Have at least a familiarity with small equipment such as loaders, rollers, brooms
- Operate various hand and power tools
- Must be able to work outside, working around moving objects/equipment and traffic, uneven/slippery surfaces; grease and oils, dust/fumes, loud noises, electrical energy; ability to stand/walk along uneven surfaces for long periods of time.
- Must be able to stand, bend, and lift more than sixty pounds throughout the day using hands and fingers, reaching, ascend/descend
- Material/tools handling; pick up, carry, and set large signs, barricade, cones, traffic control devices
- Clean asphalt and other materials off of equipment, trailers, etc.
- Traffic/truck signaling
- Continuous shoveling, scooping, sweeping
- Ability to work extremely long days in extreme heat, or other inclement weather
WE PAY WELL & BASED ON RELEVANT EXPERIENCES, QUALIFICATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS & ATTITUDE.
NON UNION, OVERTIME OVER 40, PREVAILING WAGE PROJECTS AVAILABLE, YEAR END BONUSES
Download our Employment Application below and return it to: email@example.com; or
Call our office at 816-847-6060 and schedule a time to pick up a paper copy of the application.